Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oh, Jesse's Hair! We will miss you!

He looks funny in this pic! He wasn't feeling very well and he is silly! He likes to make funny faces when I take pictures of him!

I initially wanted to simply "trim" his sweet, precious hair, but cutting hair when he was in the bath might have been a bad idea. He was wiggly and I was in a hurry, and didn't notice that the front chunk of his hair that I grabbed would be a little more than a trim. And right when I closed the scissors on his hair, Josh said, "Melis! That's too short!" It was too late, his precious, dark hair fell down like tears... I grabbed the pieces, "Noooooo!", desperately trying to stick the pieces back to his forhead. Realistically, I knew it wouldn't work, but by some magical sticking force, I was hoping it would. I felt so badly... I don't know if it was because I realized what a horrible barber I am or because Jesse looked like a funny-looking monk and was still as happy as can be!
In positive desperation, Josh and I, as a team, began trying to trim his whole hair, thinking if we could just make the other parts even out, it would look just fine. Much to our dismay, it only got worse. The final decision was to buzz it. The one thing I was trying to avoid! I kept tellling Josh "No, it's fine. If we just get some gel, and like, style it all funky, nobody will be able to tell. We just will get him some gel or mousse." But I knew better. Buzzing it would make it look a little more respectable.

So we buzzed it. We tried to leave it as long as possible. It's not perfect. I still use gel to make it look all "funky" so the uneven parts are not as noticeable. Oh. If you only knew how lovely his long, hair was... Maybe I am only overreacting because I am his mom, but it was his little trademark since he was an itty-bitty baby

But the two good things about this story is that Jesse still looks cute, and hair grows back.

Here is a funny video of Jesse seeing himself for the first time after his haircut. He has always had long hair, and I guess was never used to seeing his eyebrows and ears! He seems pretty fascinated with himself! Hehe

2 comments:

  1. Oh...sad! But you're right...he does still look cute! So glad I don't have to cut Mia's hair...I couldn't handle it if I had to cut off her little curls in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I didn't even recognize him at first, but he seriously looks cute either way. I can't believe how big he is getting!

    ReplyDelete